How’s the saying go? You couldn’t pay me to look at (clean)? Properly, it seems the LIV Golf touring circus/Saudi Arabia self-importance challenge may simply must pay to get individuals to look at. With no main sports activities community bidding to air their rancid product, the upstart golf league reportedly is closing in on a take care of Fox Sports activities to pay them to air their shoddy pop-up tournaments.
Having more cash than god is useful for a wide range of causes (I wouldn’t know, that’s only a basic assumption), and the huge coffers of the Saudi Golf league are proving helpful as soon as once more, as they’re being lured to get their product on a channel and that’s not on YouTube.
Based on Golfweek, LIV mouthpiece and ’80s film villain Greg Norman mentioned he was fielding intense curiosity from media firms wanting to broadcast the Shock N’ Jock golf tournaments, and it didn’t take Maury Povich to find out that was a lie. Not solely did Fox Sports activities execs flip their nostril to it like room-temp oysters at a brunch buffet, however the story additionally mentioned the deal was foisted upon them on the behest of Lachlan Murdoch, government chairman and CEO of Fox Corp., son of Fox media mogul Rupert Murdoch, and the inspiration for Succession’s Kendall Roy.
The Golfweek piece is just too humorous, so I’ll simply be a superb aggregator and line up the most effective tidbits in an simply digestible style:
- “There have been individuals at Fox who wished nothing to do with this,” Golfweek’s supply mentioned. “They had been compelled to do it.”
- Sports activities Enterprise Journal reported that Jared Kushner, son-in-law and errand boy of Donald Trump, had been phoning broadcasters to drum up curiosity in a LIV TV deal. The Journal additionally reported that Kushner repeatedly referred to himself as “The Kush” throughout conferences and used the phrase “primo” at least a dozen occasions when speaking concerning the roster of expertise. (I made up that final sentence, however inform me it’s not 100% plausible.)
- Saudi Golf is also answerable for the manufacturing aspect and discovering industrial sponsors, each of that are often dealt with by the printed accomplice. I can’t wait to be confused by David Feherty whereas a B-rate announcer who doesn’t care about getting canceled flubs the complicated leaderboard.
- “Any advertiser who touches it will get blasted,” a sports activities TV government instructed Golfweek. “It’s a weak product, however it’s a tainted product on high of that.”
- The Saudi shills requested for a rights payment after the primary yr, in addition to assurances for a assured time slot on community tv, however each proposals had been rejected, in accordance with the article.
G/O Media might get a fee
Marcy Folding Weight Bench
Lift you up
Folds away, which is huge for your quality of life, has an adjustable seat and back to make sure you’re comfortable, and is made to be incredible heavy-duty so you can lift without worry.
So let me get this straight: Despite every sane sports network passing on them, despite sponsors treating them like a more toxic version of Brett Favre, and despite the network their product is airing on providing zero assistance, we’re going to get the LIV league shoved down our throats like a pill-reluctant dog?
Yup, this is going to catch on the Suck Cut or Google+. The deal has yet to be finalized, and judging by everything I’ve read, it’s probably because Lachlan’s goons are having a hard time dragging Fox Sports execs to the bargaining table.
Phil Mickelson and his cronies back out of lawsuit against the PGA, still fail to save face
Phil Mickelson, Taylor Gooch, Ian Poulter, and Hudson Swafford all asked to no longer be plaintiffs in LIV Golf’s federal antitrust lawsuit accusing the PGA of illegally suspending the players and using its power to quell the upstart, per ESPN.
It’s powerful to argue that your profession has been harm when their financial institution accounts, and the gamers themselves, say they’re higher off post-defection. Not solely have the golfers earned pickup beds value of cash from exorbitant signing charges, however additionally they received’t shut up about how LIV is the way forward for golf.
Solely three gamers and LIV Golf stay plaintiffs within the case, with Bryson DeChambeau the largest identify amongst them. And kudos to him for dwelling as much as his fame as a clueless beefcake. I wager he messaged the LIV Golf gamers’ thread irate concerning the guys deciding to leap ship — possible in a separate group textual content, LIV Golfers minus Bryce — and not using a heads up.
Nobody goes to purchase the particular line of bullshit Mickelson and Co. spewed after eradicating themselves from the dispute. They most likely confirmed up at a few these swiftly put collectively, sporadically attended occasions, noticed that the format modifications greater than a five-year-old enjoying dress-up, and thought, “What did I get myself into?” earlier than calling/cussing out their brokers.
Hopefully, they’re updated on the intricacies of acey deucey, wolf, bingo-bango-bongo, and the remainder of the weekend golfers’ parlor video games as a result of that’s the place that is headed.