Princeton large receiver Andrei Iosivas (pronounced Yoshi-vas) isn’t any stranger to alter— going 4,961 miles away from your house will certainly drive you to alter some issues about your life. Nevertheless, Iosivas was prepared for that second then, and is prepared for the second he has this week as he practices on the 2023 Reese’s Senior Bowl.
“It was all the time Stanford or the Ivy League,” Iosivas advised reporters after Day Certainly one of Senior Bowl observe in Cellular, AL. “Popping out of highschool, I all the time made positive I had an excellent GPA. I went to a Stanford camp and was supplied a most popular walk-on scholarship, however then I toured the Ivy League and went to Princeton.”
The tradition shock was enormous in his first 12 months, Iosivas stated, however he knew he would modify as soon as he received to full velocity.
And Iosivas at full velocity is a tremendous sight to see.
Iosivas doesn’t run, no—he glides. Stretching his legs out at 6’2 and striding previous defenders, en path to 16 profession touchdowns and 15.3 yards per catch for the Tigers, incomes accolade after accolade, together with First-team All-Ivy League. Iosivas can be a world class sprinter, setting the NCAA Indoor document within the 60 meter hurdles. When Iosivas goes pedal to the medal, he leaves DBs and opposing runners within the mud.
In Cellular, Iosivas goals to show that he can hold with the larger, extra bodily DBs from the Energy 5 stage. “I believe I did effectively as we speak with the press protection, however I’ve to focus a bit extra on the place my palms are and the way low I’m,” Iosivas stated. “Coming from an Ivy League they all the time knock you for the competitors, however I’m maintaining with it.”
Iosivas has blazed a path already, from Honolulu, HI to Princeton, and now to Cellular. If he continues to observe effectively, he might zoom up draft boards come draft time.
Day One Follow Notes
- Ohio State OT Dawand Jones is MASSIVE. He measured in as we speak at 6’8, 375 kilos with a 89 4/8 inch wingspan, he’s much less proper deal with and extra double large RV. He carried out rather well in move professional 1-on-1’s, shutting down an Isaiah Foskey lengthy arm rep and a DJ Johnson move rush transfer with ease. I need to see him examined in opposition to true velocity guys however he’s off to a roaring begin.
- North Dakota State OL Cody Mauch is among the extra fascinating guys on this Senior Bowl. He got here to Fargo as a good finish, left as an offensive deal with, and is now enjoying guard in Cellular. He has shorter arms (measured in at 32 1/8 inches) and lighter at 305, put actually dealt with power effectively. He’s going to be a really fascinating prospect for a number of groups.
- Troy C Jake Andrews had a extremely strong day of observe, and stood out quite a bit. He got here in with quite a bit much less hype than the opposite middle, Michigan’s Olu Oluwatimi, however as we speak Andrews greater than held his personal. He was in a position to anchor rather well in opposition to energy, and in addition seemed good within the run sport. He’s a man I positively have to return and watch on movie.
- Bowling Inexperienced DT Karl Brooks was a MONSTER on Tuesday. At 6’3, 303 kilos, he performed on the sting quite a bit for Bowling Inexperienced, however man he dominated inside all day. His burst and first step quickness was an excessive amount of for many of the inside offensive linemen all day, and he was blowing up performs in each the run and passing sport, In case your staff wants prompt move rush juice on the inside, Brooks is your man.
- Regardless of shedding the rep to Jones, I believe Foskey had a fairly good day. He is aware of what his move rush plan is (lengthy arm to loss of life), and when it hits, it appears to be like like this:
Foskey additionally compelled a fumble in staff drills and was lively for many of the day. I need to see him use extra counters to that lengthy arm transfer that he has, however an general strong first day of labor.
- Georgia Tech DL Keion White carries his weight rather well. He measured in at 6’4, 280 kilos with a 33 inch wingspan, however you wouldn’t suppose he’s 280 with the way in which his weight is distributed. He’s very effectively constructed and made a whole lot of good performs in staff drills together with his quickness and size.
- Boise State security JL Skinner appears to be like much less like a security and extra like an NBA taking pictures guard. He got here in at 6’4, 211 kilos with 32 4/8 inch arms and is extraordinarily excessive waisted. I fear about his skill to cowl in man conditions, however he seemed very comfy as an overhang defender as we speak and overlaying beneath zones. His finest match might be someplace that’ll let him buzz down into the field after the snap, or in a zone heavy scheme that’ll let him play beneath.
- Military EDGE Andre Carter acquired a whole lot of further teaching as we speak. Carter measured in as we speak at 6’6 and 252 kilos, with a 34 inch wingspan, however he’s all legs and arms proper now. His play power was examined quite a bit as we speak, and he received washed out within the run sport and was crushed badly by Jones in move rush reps as we speak. He’s extra of a challenge than ready-made contributor proper now.
- Stanford WR Elijah Higgins may profit extra from a swap to tight finish or H-back within the NFL. He doesn’t have the change of path expertise to be a receiver, and actually struggled to drop his hips.
- Houston WR Tank Dell has received capital J JUICE. He has such wonderful change of path and stop-start expertise and was in a position to beat nearly everybody he confronted in 1-on-1’s as we speak. He’s small (measured in at 5’8, 163 kilos), however should you’re on the lookout for a slot receiver with some explosiveness and skill to get open in any state of affairs, Dell is one among my guys on this draft to regulate.
- SMU WR Rashee Rice is a man that I had my eye on coming in, however as we speak he didn’t stand out an excessive amount of. He was beating defenders, however then the ball would sail means over his head. Rice positively confirmed the flexibility to make powerful catches over the center and the flexibility to be a giant YAC man on the NFL stage. Assume Brandon Aiyuk, bodily (I’m not saying he’s going to be like Aiyuk, I’m saying the play types are comparable).
- The DBs for the American staff are very bodily. They’re unafraid to get in opposing WRs faces and jam them to trigger issues. Kansas State DB Julius Brents was very spectacular as we speak, utilizing his size to disrupt routes, but not being overly grabby. He picked off a move in 1-on-1’s as we speak that was very nice to see. Miami DB Tyrique Stevenson additionally had a fairly good day. He received popped with a few holding flags, however bodily examined receivers all day. The battles between he and WR Jonathan Mingo have been enjoyable.
- Iowa State EDGE Will McDonald IV intrigues me. In a EDGE class that’s missing guys with true bend, McDonald confirmed some very nice motion expertise as we speak. He flashed an inside spin transfer in move rush 1-on-1’s, was in a position to bend the nook, and even beat Tennessee RT Darnell Wright on the primary rep of staff drills as we speak. He additionally flashed in 7 on 7, breaking apart a move and searching comfy dropping into protection. He’s a really slender 241, however I believe there’s a task for him on the NFL stage.
- Tulane RB Tyjae Spears has a pleasant second gear. He confirmed good burst as we speak in observe (though there was no tackling as we speak), and took a display move for a giant achieve. He’s received the flexibility to show a 3 yard achieve right into a 30-yard one at any second, and that’ll be beneficial for an NFL franchise.
- Bears offensive coordinator Luke Getsy is the pinnacle coach of the American staff, and I believe he did an awesome job of easing the minds of the gamers on the finish of observe. The American staff held a collection of six 1-on-1s, 2 EDGE rushers vs left/proper deal with, DT vs OG, RB vs LB, WR vs DB and TE vs Security. Dropping facet needed to do 15 push-ups. Protection received the day, however instilling that form of competitors lets the gamers play a bit extra unfastened, and let’s them have extra enjoyable. That’s what we’re all right here for proper?
Day 1 Vibe Test
- Cellular is an exquisite metropolis, however man the fog is TERRIFYING. Driving over a bridge considering you’re heading into Narnia is a scary sight.
- South Alabama’s campus is nothing like a Group of 5 campus I’ve been at. It’s spacious, however not means too spacious, the basketball gymnasium is HUGE, and the soccer stadium is very nice. Props to them.
- The fog within the morning is misleading, as a result of the second you suppose it’s chilly, you bear in mind you’re in Alabama and the solar hits you with the drive of 1,000 gods.
- Cook dinner Out candy tea is nectar from the gods.